Junior Voice and Data Helpdesk Technician
The role of a Junior Voice and Data Helpdesk Technician will see you being an integral part of the Voice and Data team. You will be engaging with a variety of customers, suppliers and colleagues each day as well as executing a range of tasks around the support and install of new solutions.
Your primary responsibility would be supporting our customers' telecommunication solutions incorporating digital and IP phone systems, key systems, servers, switches and associated peripheral equipment across Brisbane, Gold Coast and Toowoomba, via the helpdesk located in Helensvale.
We’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally, in this role we’ll provide you with all the on the job training you need in the space of PABX Systems, Networking, IT Equipment and more.
We’re looking for experienced junior technicians with Cert 3 in Telecommunications or equivalent ACMA cable certifications, understanding of VoIP and IP Networking with network certification 1,2, and 3 as well as switches/VLAN.
If you also have experience configuring softphones, applications and remote handsets, installation and deployment of Wi-Fi or networking solutions e.g SoWIFI, Meraki, Aruba we’d love to hear from you.
Total reward earnings $50-$60K, plus super.
Sound like a career path for you?
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Fault diagnosis and rectification, terminating, testing and tagging of network service
- Basic customer training on all installed products
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues using your knowledge, experience and judgment
- Build rapport and maximise customer satisfaction
- Provide follow-up support to customers if required
- Work with sales and project delivery teams to manage jobs to a successful completion
- General project administration duties
- Interpreting and understanding supplied solution design
- Technical and problem-solving assistance to other field technicians
- Liaising with key contacts including industry vendors
- General stock and inventory management
- Taking incoming helpdesk calls to support our customers
- Supporting customers by remote tools
- Working in a ticketing system to record customer interactions wand works
- Technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and high-level customer service and engagement skills with capability to deliver customer training
- Self driven and motivated
- Available to travel when needed to customers sites
- Enjoys keeping up-to-date with technology
- Skilled with networking and hardware
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Some level of sales experience to be able to see opportunities and also offer further solutions to clients
- High attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously, on own initiative as well as within a small technical team
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a busy environment
- An understanding and commitment to industry safety procedures and requirements
- A positive upbeat attitude is a must as is being resilient
- Ability to explain technical issues in 'plain English'
- A current driver's licence
- Must hold Australian Residency
- Required training/experience
- Great helpdesk phone skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Experience in either IT, Networking, Data Cabling, Linework
As a great place to work we also offer:
- Annual awards including an all expenses paid holiday (21 awarded every year!)
- Quarterly events with keynote and celebrity speakers, food trucks and fun team activities
- Team connect events like bowling, dinners, barefoot bowls and timezone
- Technology updates keeping you up-to-date with the latest gadgets and devices
- Opportunity to earn above and beyond $$$ when you hit sales results
- Meaningful community engagement opportunities to give back to those in need
- Ongoing learning to recharge the soul with professional training and development
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Positions are limited, so apply now!